OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO ONTARIO RESIDENTS ONLY AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The 2016 Canada Dry CNY Celebrations Lucky Draw Contest (the “Contest”) begins on February 5, 2016 and ends on February 7, 2016 (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is only open to residents of Ontario who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees, representatives and agents of 2108388 Ontario Inc. (DBA “Purple Integration”) and Prime Advertising Co. Ltd. (collectively, the “Organizers”) and Canada Dry Mott’s (“Canada Dry”) (a “Festival Sponsor”) and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, with the Organizers and the Festival Sponsor, the “Contest Parties”) are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY AND ADMISSION TO THE FESTIVAL IS FREE. To enter: (i) obtain a complimentary official Festival Passport (each, a “Passport”) at main entrances of Market Village (4394 Steeles Ave. E., Markham, ON L3R 9V7) during regular Festival hours, while supplies last. There will be approximately 20,000 Passports available for distribution at the beginning of the Contest Period; (ii) obtain at least two (2) Canada Dry stamps on your Passport (a “Completed Passport”) while visiting booths at the Festival; (iii) bring your Completed Passport to the Lucky Draw booth (“Booth”) and obtain an official Contest Ballot; (iv) fully complete the Ballot, which requires you to: (a) enter your full name, phone number and email address; (b) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (c) signify your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”); and (v) once you have fully completed a Ballot with all required information, deposit your Ballot in the official Ballot box located at the Booth (each, an “Entry”). To be eligible, a Ballot must be submitted and received within the Contest Period. Participants would then receive a free limited edition Festival Drum (each, a “Drum”) while supplies last.
4. ENTRY LIMIT: There is a limit of one (1) Passport and one (1) Entry per person per day (whereby a “day” for the purposes of this Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET) during the Contest Period. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) Passport or two (2) Entries per day during the Contest Period; and/or (ii) use multiple names or identities to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Organizers. Your Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Organizers) the Ballot is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received in accordance with these Rules. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, stolen, illegible, damaged, misdirected, destroyed or incomplete Ballots (all of which are void). No reproductions or facsimiles of Ballots will be permitted.
5. VERIFICATION: All Entries/Ballots/Passports are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Organizers reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Organizers – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry/Ballot/Passports submitted (or purportedly submitted) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Organizers deem necessary, in their sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Organizers in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Organizers. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Organizers’ official clock.
6. THE PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: There will 100 prizes available to be won at the beginning of the Contest Period. Each might be consist of any of the following: Wireless Service Packages with an approximate retail value of $100 CAD; Gift Baskets with an approximate retail value of $40 CAD; Apparel with an approximate retail value of $50 CAD; Canada Dry beverages with an approximate retail value of $10 CAD. The number of Prizes available to be won will diminish throughout the Contest Period as they are awarded.
Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or assignable (except as may be specifically permitted by Organizers in their sole and absolute discretion). No substitutions except at Organizers’ option. Organizers reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a Prize with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value.
7. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: On each of the dates listed in the table below (each, a “Draw Date”), the Organizers (or their authorized representative) will conduct a random draw to award one (1) Prize (each, a “Prize Draw”) in Markham at the specified time from among all eligible Entries received up to the point of the applicable Prize Draw. The first selected entrant in the course of each Prize Draw will be deemed a potential Prize winner. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the eligible Entries received prior to the applicable Prize Draw.
|Draw Date||Draw Time (approximately, ET)|
|Friday, February 5, 2016||1:45pm, 3pm, 4pm and 5:30pm|
|Saturday, February 6, 2016||12:45pm, 2pm, 3pm and 4:30pm|
|Sunday, February 7, 2016||12:45pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4:30pm and 5pm|
8. WINNER CONFIRMATION: BEFORE BEING DECLARED A CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, each selected entrant will be required to sign and return within ten (10) business days of notification the Organizers’ declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Organizers in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
If a selected entrant: (a) failed to correctly answer the skill-testing question included on his/her corresponding Ballot; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the applicable Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Organizers in their sole and absolute discretion); then the selected entrant may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Organizers, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Organizers reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the applicable remaining eligible Entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant).
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All Entries and Ballots become the property of the Organizers. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Organizers with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries, Ballots, Passports and/or entrants. By participating in this Contest, you are agreeing to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules. ANYONE DETERMINED TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE ORGANIZERS AT ANY TIME.
The Released Parties will not be liable for the failure of any Entry/Ballot/Passports or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual whose verifiable full name appears on the Ballot associated with the Entry in question.
The Organizers reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Organizers that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Organizers in their sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Organizers reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Organizers, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Organizers reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
The Organizers reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant, Entry, Ballot or Passports with these Rules, or as a result of any problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Organizers, in their sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials; the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.